Keeping Children Safe
St Catherine's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and requires all staff, parents, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. This section of our website aims to give you a guide to safeguarding policies and procedures in our school.
If you have any concerns, no matter how small they may seem, about the safety or welfare of any child, please contact the school's Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is:
Mrs Sarah Sparks Headteacher
We also have Deputy Safeguarding Lead personnel who can support or help in the absence of Mrs Sparks:
Mrs Melanie Dare Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Frances Montgomery Key Stage 1 & Early Years Leader
Mrs Catherine Parslow Kindergarten Leader
Our Governor for Safeguarding is: Mr John Sinclair
We fully recognise our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the health and well-being of all the children in our care. We therefore strive to:
• Ensure we practice safer recruitment in compliance with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LCSB) Standards for Safer Recruitment
• Raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
• Implement the Dorset LA procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
• Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
• Ensure that all staff receive appropriate safeguarding training in compliance with the LCSB recommendations, which includes e-safety and the government’s PREVENT strategy
• Ensure that school practices and procedures are in line with ‘Keep Children Safe in Education’ (KCSiE, 2016).
Our school has the following Polices to safeguard the children in our school:
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy