Home School Agreement
We acknowledge our responsibility to support parents in their task of nurturing their children towards human wholeness within a Christian community.
The School will:
- Provide a friendly welcome to your child and a secure, stimulating Christian environment in which to learn
- Encourage your child to strive for the highest standard of personal, social, emotional and intellectual development and aim for excellence in all they do.
- Treat your child with the dignity and respect they require, encouraging them to full human wholeness. Caring for their safety, happiness, spiritual and moral development.
- Demonstrate our faith and our school foundation in the teachings of Jesus Christ, by what we teach and the way we live and worship in our school.
- Encourage your child to take care of her/his surroundings and of others around them.
- Keep you informed about your child’s progress and other school matters through regular letters and newsletters
- Encourage your child to develop a love of learning through the provision of a balanced curriculum.
- Encourage your child to stay safe, including when using the internet.
We acknowledge that we as parents are the primary educators of our children and have an irreplaceable role to play in supporting our children’s learning at school.
The Family will:
- Make sure my child arrives at school on time and properly equipped
- Ensure my child attends school regularly, and to provide the school with a prompt explanation when my child is absent.
- To work with the school to promote and maintain the good behaviour of my child
- Support my child with homework, other opportunities for home learning and regularly read with my child.
- Attend, when possible, opportunities to discuss my child’s progress
- Inform the school of any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour
- Support the Christian values of the school community
- Encourage safe use of the internet supporting the school policy
The child will:
- Always try my best at school and at home.
- Actively engage in school life
- Come to school with everything I need for the day
- Wear our school uniform with pride
- Take care of our school and everyone in it
- Think for myself and take responsibility for my actions
- Use the internet safely