Our vision and values
- To build a community rooted in the faith of the Church made up of all who are pupils at the school, staff, parents, governors and all who have contact with our school, whose members help and support each other in living out Christian values and beliefs, both within and beyond that community.
- To recognise and value every member of our school community as a uniquely gifted creation of God, so that each is led to a sense of their own worth and that of each other.
- To provide every child with opportunities and support for spiritual, moral, social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth and development.
- To help equip and motivate each child for life-long personal growth and learning so that they face their future with confidence and hope, able to lead fulfilled lives and to take their place as Christian adults in society.
- To value and respect all adult members of our community, recognising and supporting their need for continuing personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- To promote respect and appreciation for all aspects of God’s creation among the members of our community and an awareness of God’s unconditional love for us.
- To promote respect for the beliefs and values of those from other cultures and faith traditions.
As a Catholic School we place the highest importance on our aims as they are the roots from which all our other policies, procedures and decisions grow and the vision towards which we work together.
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”
Gospel value: Humility, seeing life as a gift
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted”
Gospel value: Compassion, empathy
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth”
Gospel value: Kindness, gentleness
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied”
Gospel value: Justice, working for a fairer world
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy”
Gospel value: Forgiveness, reconciliation
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God”
Gospel value: Integrity, do what you say
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God”
Gospel value: Peace, committed to peace making, non-violence
“Blessed are those who are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”
Gospel value: Courage, standing up for truth